Senior Data Scientist
- Surry Hills, New South Wales
- AU$1000.00 - 160000.00
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Senior Data Scientist - Surry Hills, Sydney, Australia
About the company:
One of Australia's leading retail organisations based in Surry Hills is looking for a Data Scientist to lead their huge BI transformation project.
About the Role:
The Purpose of this role is to define and execute the customer data products strategy/road map and deliver projects on time within scope with an in-depth knowledge of big data and cutting-edge data mining techniques as well as the use of predictive, classification and alternate analytic algorithms for modelling and segmentation. It will be your job to:
- Work with a growing team of 15 Data Scientists to lead the design, implementation and testing of customer data products such as personalisation engine, decision engine etc.
- Opportunity to work with both AWS and GCP and no restriction in regards to technology
- Ensure quality control and oversight of model outputs within the customer product
- Managing both internal and external stakeholders for the successful launch of new product features
- Being the single point of contact for all stakeholders to ensure outcomes are delivered and that we deliver value
- Develop and maintain state of the art advanced statistical and machine learning models (GLM, Random Forests, GBM, xGBoost, etc) to drive marketing strategies and tactical executions
What you need to succeed:
- 7 to 10 years' experience developing predictive models in commercial environments, preferably exposure to Sales and Marketing
- Proficiency in some of the following statistical techniques: Linear & Logistics Regression, Decision Trees, Random forests, Markov Chains, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, Factor Analysis, etc.
- Experienced with data analytics products and ideally big data challenges
- Experience in developing class-leading algorithms to drive commercial outcomes
- Proven commercial experience in statistical and machine learning modelling, with experience manipulating and 'making sense' of big data from disparate systems
- Advanced working knowledge of analytical programming: SQL, SAS, R or Python
- Experience with SQL essential; exposure to AWS Redshift or Teradata preferred
- Exposure to Big Data platforms, such as Hadoop and Spark
- Experience in leading and mentoring teams of data scientists
- Tertiary qualified in relevant discipline (Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science). PHD Preferred
We have already launched a headhunt drive for this role - if you feel that this is the next step in your career, apply now!!