Solution Architect - Ruby on Rails - Polyglot
- Sydney CBD, New South Wales
- AU$150000.00 - 160000.00
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
FIRESOFT Consulting is a multi-award winning consultancy having been recognised across Australia for excellence in small business and one of Australia's coolest places to work. Our people love working here and that passion really shines through when working with you. We're obsessed with shaking things up a bit to make working with a consultancy enjoyable, valuable and specifically tailored to YOU! We understand it can be stressful and challenging while trying to find a new job or build a team so we're here to be open, honest and transparent through the process; to educate you and support you as much as possible to ensure you're kicking goals - whatever those may be!
Our team plays in the following verticals (contract and permanent) : DevOps | Business Intelligence | Big Data | Analytics | Infrastructure | Engineering | Digital; iOS, Android, Front End Development, Back End Development, UX, UI, Research | Project Management | Change Management | AdOps | Service Delivery |
REMOTE WORKING SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
An excellent FinTech company based in Sydney is seeking a Solution Architect with Ruby on Rails Development experience. They have great plans for the future of the company and a big part of those plans is to revolutionise their platforms as well as our internal tool suite. As such they're looking for a Solutions Developer / Architect to be responsible for the delivery of new features.
They have an Agile development team, working closely with multiple Businesses your job will be to design and deliver excellent solutions to the business and clients, on time and on budget.
As a Solution Architect in a team of 6 you will need to occasionally get your hands dirty in all aspects of an application, from the Front End world of HTML, CSS and JS to the Back End side of Ruby on Rails and API's as well as the DevOps world of Linux and AWS.
You'll love technology, be comfortable working across the full stack and have a real passion for making things happen and making things easy for others.
- Solution Delivery - Full end-to-end delivery of new features with involvement throughout the entire development life cycle, from inception to deployment.
- Application Ownership - You take ownership of your applications. You don't ship code over a wall but take full responsibility of the application once it goes live, monitoring for issues/exceptions and correcting them if they arise.
- Optimise Development - As a proactive member of the team you're always looking for ways to automate and optimise in order to improve processes and/or deliverables.
- Technical Solution Design - You take pride in delivering technical solutions that account for both business and technological considerations. You will engage with other business teams and colleagues as well as third parties to assess project feasibility, time/cost estimations and leads on the design for the delivery of technical solutions.
- Team Communication - Daily communication and collaboration with the development team and internal stakeholders to deliver solutions, share knowledge and facilitate issue resolution.
- Technical Innovation - Engage with the wider development community and bring new technologies into the business that can help promote innovation and support the company vision.
- A seasoned full stack developer (both front- and Back End) with at least 4 years' experience developing web-sites and web applications.
- Solid commercial experience in Ruby on Rails.
- Good understanding of databases, relational (MySQL) and NoSQL.
- Familiar with typical cloud hosting stack - AWS, Linux, Apache, MySQL
- Experience working with Web API's (JSON, Rest, SOAP)
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and related tools (Jira).
- Familiar with TDD/BDD development methodologies.
- Familiar with version control (Git, GitHub)
- Have a general passion for architecture, patterns and development principles and best practices. Always keen to learn new things.
- Team player. Passionate for collaborating with, helping and supporting others.
- Desire to do whatever is needed to get the job done and make a difference.
- Willing to work hard, work smart but still have plenty of fun along the way.
- Open to fresh ideas, thinks outside the box and excited by change
- The ability to self-motivate and time-manage effectively.
- Driven to understand the 'why' behind everything and the ability to apply this to problem solving.
- Revel in being a playful geek - you never shy away from a challenge and make magical things happen on a regular basis.